The Pager charger is used to recharge the battery of your Visit pager during for example the night. You can also connect up to two bed shakers to be awakened by vibrations if any of the Visit transmitters are activated while you are asleep.
*PAGER SOLD SEPARATELY*
|Around the clock alerting
||Alerts you during the night
||Works even during power loss
|Bed shaker output
||Supports two bed shakers
||Approx. 6 hours
The BE1260 Visit Charger is a charger for the BE1470 Visit Pager (separate product) and is for indoor use only. When the Visit Pager is fitted in the charger, the charger can attract the user’s attention with up to BE1270 Bellman Bed-shakers (accessory).
To ensure reliable operation, the Visit Charger must always be charged for 24 hours either when first used or when the internal back-up batteries have run down. The power supply unit should generally be connected at all times so that the internal back-up batteries are charged automatically.
Charging of the Visit Pager (separate product) is controlled by the pager. Charging generally takes up to 8 hours. When charging the LED (3) will light up green. The LED will go out when trickle charging.
The charger has built-in back-up batteries that are automatically charged when the charger is connected to the mains. In the event of a power failure, the back-up batteries will power the charger’s vibrator function for a limited time.
ONLY USE RECHARGEABLE NiMh BATTERIES in the BE1470 Visit Pager.
Non-rechargeable batteries will start to leak if re-charged! The acid in the batteries will damage the electronics in the BE1470 Visit Pager and the resulting damage will not be covered by any guarantee.
Installation and connection
- The Bellman Visit Charger is usually either placed vertically on a level surface (using the enclosed support legs) or hung from the wall using the enclosed screw and the hanging bracket on the rear of the unit.
- Connect the charger’s power supply unit.
The Charger is connected to the Visit System via the BE1470 Visit Pager (separate product).
Other products, e.g. BE1270 Bellman Bed-shaker, BE1340 Bellman Alarm Clock, etc., can be connected to the vibrator output.
A BE1470 Visit Pager (separate product), Visit System transmitter and a BE1270 Bellman Bed-shaker (accessory) are required to test the Visit Charger BE1260.
- Connect the charger’s power supply unit.
- When the BE1470 Visit Pager is connected to the Charger, the green LED (3) on the charger will remain on until the battery is fully charged.
- Connect one or two BE1270 Bellman Bed-shakers (accessory) to the charger.
- Press the transmitter test button.
- The BE1470 (separate product) will respond by lighting the LED corresponding to the transmitter on the pager and vibrating the Bed-shakers (accessory) connected to the charger.
Bellman visit functions
Neither a radio nor an indicator is built into this product. However, the BE1470 Visit Pager (separate product) and BE1270 Bellman Bed-shaker (accessory) are connected to the Visit System signal communications, and the BE1270 will vibrate in the same manner as the pager and light the relevant LED via the pager.
The pager operates and indicates as usual, but will not vibrate whilst inserted into the charger.
When the green LED (3) is constantly lit, the BE1470 Visit Pager (separate product) is correctly connected and charging. The LED will turn off when the pager is fully charged. Charging takes at least 20 minutes.
|The pager does not charge when inserted into the charger.
- Check that the power supply unit is inserted in the wall socket and the pager is correctly inserted in the charger. The charger light (3) on the charger will light up when the pager is inserted in the charger.
|The Bed-shaker does not vibrate when there is an alarm.
- Check that the Bed-shaker is correctly connected to the charger and the pager is correctly inserted in the charger.
- Check that the receiver is not placed too far away by moving the receiver closer to the transmitter.
|The BE1340 Bellman Alarm Clock does not activate when connected to the BE9086 Bellman External Trigger Cable.
- Check that the alarm clock is connected between the alarm clock’s external trigger input (stereo plug) and the charger’s vibrator output B (mono plug).
- Vibrator output A
- Charger plug
- Vibrator output B. Also used for connecting the BE1340 Bellman Alarm Clock.
- Supporting legs
8 V DC / 800 mA with built-in power supply unit.
Back-up battery: :
Internal NiMh batteries. The internal back-up batteries must be changed at a service workshop.
Charging the back-up battery:
Via the power supply unit. Discharged back-up batteries will take at least 24 hours to charge.
The normal charging time is approximately 6 hours.
2.0 – 4.0 VDC.
BE9086 should be connected to vibrator output B.
For indoor use only
Dimensions W x H x D:
78 x 88 x 43 mm
With battery: 385 g
Bellman Bed-shaker BE1270
Bellman External Trigger Cable BE9086